Today on the blog I thought, you know what, lets share some favourite things. I love reading about the things that have caught other people’s eye, so why not share some of my own? So here we go – ten of the things that I’m loving right now!
- The sound of this ice cream. I mean Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cream Pumpkin Marshmallow Ice Cream AMAZING, right? I can’t even explain all the thoughts swirling around my brain at the thought of this concoction!
- The brownies I made recently, yes I mentioned them here but they were so good they needed mentioning again! They were just that good. As for the recipe, it was just good old Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Brownies mix, which is amazing in itself. But then I decided to add raspberries and digestive biscuits – um hell yeah I did. Talk about dream combination!
- My new Paperchase coloured fine line pens – so much colour, so much choice, so much fun is now involved in writing my to do list!
- The new Costa coffee cups, have you seen them? They have Christmas drawings all over them – bloody lovely. You can’t beat anything that’s christmass-y at this time of year.
- The collaboration between Rob Ryan and Tatty Devine, I basically want all the things from this collaboaration, but most of all I want the necklace below, so beautiful.
- Fairy lights. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this about a gazillion times in my life but they just make any room or area so much better, they’re just so pretty. I currently have four sets of lights in our living room and they make me smile every time I see them.
- Thor: The Dark World – I saw this film recently and I just can’t stop thinking about it. I enjoyed it so much and loved the ending. I also seem to have developed a bit of a thing for Loki and Tom Hiddleston, and this video hasn’t helped this obsession much!
- The 2D christmas tree below. I am most definitely going to be instigating one of these on my kitchen blackboard in a week or two (yes I do mean that soon – why not?!). Also I love all these cards (again below), I would be sending these if I wasn’t making my own cards this year.
- Have you started following @CuteEmergency on Twitter yet? If not you really should. As it contains the MOST adorable pictures of animals, just the thing to cheer you up after a stressful day. Definitely worth a gander when you have a chance.
- Finally I am super-duper excited about the return of Spooks. Not only because it’s Spooks and it’ll feature Harry, but also because Kit Harrington (John Snow in Game of Thrones) will be in it. OH. EM. GEE. Day made right there.
Posted by Fi at this and that blog on November 14, 2013
It’s Friday and I’m very glad this week of crazy is over, what about you how have you fared this week? To top of my not so wonderful week I got given the wrong drink at Starbucks today – total disaster as I didn’t realise until it was too late. Nightmare scenario I think we can all agree?! Today’s post is going to be a collection of rambles and links, just to warn you if you’re expecting something sophisticated or in-depth – that’s just not happening today. My brain just can’t handle it!
First up there’s this trailer for Glee’s Finn memorial episode, which I made the mistake of watching on the bus this morning. Talk about rookie mistake as I got very teary and over emotional. It looks like they’ve made a lovely episode and I can’t wait to see it (with tissues in hand obvs). Although I do wonder how they were able to make the episode, it must have been incredibly difficult and hard for all of them to get through.
On a different note, I saw the below quote from Harold Pinter this week which I really liked. I definitely agree with this and often wonder how I would cope without so much wonderful writing out there, be it blogs, newspaper articles or books.
“Good writing excites me, and makes life worth living.”
Other things I’ve loved this week are Jennifer Lawrence and this jumper and bag from Joy. My love for Jennifer Lawrence is well documented on this blog but I just had to share this article about her response to being told to lose weight – how amazingly brilliant is she. I really do think we could be very good friends, in a non stalker way obviously! As for the jumper, it’s snuggly and has a deer on, how could I not love it?! And isn’t the colour, shape and clasp of that bag simply divine. The only question is cam I justify £45 for a bag – I’m not really sure I can to be honest.
Is anyone else a massive fan of Veronica Roth’s Divergent series, or is that just me? I can’t wait for the final book in the trilogy to be out later this month and I was fascinated by this interview with the writer. How did I not know she was so young when she wrote it – what exactly have I done with my life, apparently I’ve achieved nothing in my 28 years compared to her!
On that high note I best get down to some of this Friday madness – hope you all have fantabulous days of wonderment and enjoy the weekend. xxx
Posted by Fi at this and that blog on October 4, 2013
Ignore the above picture it’s got nothing to do with this post, I just like it so I thought I’d share it here! Anyway how are you lovely lot, happy Saturday! I hope you have some wonderful things planned. I am hoping for a lazy day as I’m back to work after a lovely Portugal trip on Monday so I clearly need to treat myself before that happens, yes?!
It’s been a while since I shared some of my random waffles so I thought why not share one this week? I thought you lovely lot might like to hear about some of my favourite blogging things from the last few weeks, they’ve kept me engaged and I’ve enjoyed them all, so I hope you’ll enjoy them too. So here follows a few of the things I’ve been enjoying on the interwebby thing recently! I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before but every time a new recipe appears on Raspberri Cupcakes, I fall instantly in love. It’s due to the amazing way Steph seems to combine flavours and push a simple idea to genius with the addition of extra decorations or one ingredient that’s a little unexpected. Plus she has an amazing creative eye with the pictures she takes. Currently I’m lusting over her Banana Cake with Salted Caramel Icing, I mean have you ever seen anything more delicious? I love the sound of the flavour combination and the addition of the caramelised banana slices on the top? Pure genius. Other favourites of mine include the Pretzel and m&m’s Cheesecake, Mocha Marble Cake and the Lemon Oreo Cheesecake Slices. One day I’ll give them all a whirl I really will! Talking of food I’m also dying, yes dying, to make these white bean and stuffed peppers, um scrumptious looking you say? And this mushroom lasagna from Where are my Knees?, I fear this is a meal I could eat every day for the rest of my life!
I also want to make these map covered boxes from In my own Style – gorgeous and so practical. In other news I’m jealous I don’t own a desk like this, I swear I’d keep it as beautifully organised and pretty as this one if I did! Also talking of organisation I want one of these guest carts. But sadly with no guest room I think it might be a tab unnecessary, yes? Oh yes and I want to own all of these Penguin books, beautiful yes? Thanks for sharing Domestic Sluttery.
Advice wise, I really enjoyed the 10 not-so-obvious blogging tips that Bonnie shared over on Story of My Life. Such great points and they’ve got me pondering some changes of my own, when I have time that is… Also I loved Lau’s post about customer service, so very true and we should all start to shout about good customer service and not just the bad. In other news is anyone else looking forward to the start of Treasure Tromp’s new series Balance and Organisation at Work? I love the sound of this and can’t wait to learn lots and maybe join in. Finally if I ever get married, [come on Prince Charming, where are you?!] I will definitely take inspiration from this post from Erica as the Brighton wedding she recently attended looks so wonderful. It looks as though it was so beautiful and there are so many lovely little touches. Stunning.
Posted by Fi at this and that blog on September 14, 2013
Has anyone else seen how many amazing trailers are around at the moment, it seems like there’s a new one every day, which is brilliant for a big film fan like me! I can’t wait for them all to come out, the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 is going to be a bumper time for films if you ask me! So which are my favourites of the moment? Well first up we have Divergent. I’m a big fan of Veronica Roth’s books, so I’m super excited that the film is coming soon and doesn’t it look great?! Also, on a side note, how gorgeous is Theo James who plays Four – where has he been hiding?!
Anyway, moving on from the hot guy in Divergent, another book adaptation that’s coming soon is The Book Thief. Now I’ve not read this book yet but having seen the trailer I fully intend to, as the story sounds fascinating and I really want to know what happens to the little girl and the young man in the book.
There have also been new trailers for Vampire Academy, How I Live Now and Hunger Games. Again films based on books, books which I just happen to absolutely adore, so I’m so pleased that the films look like they are going to be excellent – this makes me super-duper excited about all three of them! Just don’t ask me which one is my favourite, as there’s no way I’d be able to make a decision, talk about Sophie’s choice!
Finally the last film I’m over excited about is The Butler, talk about goosebumps every time I watch this trailer. The performances from everyone look so strong. Also the film sounds so fascinating, especially as I don’t know that much about the ins and outs of that period. I mean I know the obvious stuff, but only really the surface details. So it’ll be interesting to watch one person’s perspective of all of the goings on.
So what trailers have you seen, anything to share that I might have missed?
Posted by Fi at this and that blog on September 6, 2013