This ‘lately’ post is a little earlier than usual and that’s because I’m now on my hollibobs – hooray to me! – and I won’t be able to update as per usual on Monday morning. As I’ve actually got some interesting (in my humble opinion) things to share I thought I’d post this on day one of the holiday so you don’t miss out! I’m so kind like that aren’t I?!
So apart from working like a crazy thing to get everything done on time before six whole days off I’ve also been:
- To the premiere of Red 2 in Leicester Square, squeee! There was flashing lights, a red carpet, free pop chips, celeb spots (both good – Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren and Mary Louise Parker – and bad – John Fashanu and Vanessa Feltz!) and a freaking brilliant film. Definitely get watching it once it’s out across the UK – it’s hilarious!!
- Treating myself to a haircut, and I’m totally in love with it. It looks and feels sooooo much better. Why don’t I get it cut more often?
- Discovering Caffe Nero’s frappe lattes and boy are they good. I need them in my life big time.
- Enjoying a mid-week BBQ at the parentals. Excellent plan – good food and great company.
- Enjoying rush hour in a rural village – see picture below. Quiet or what?!
- Getting a horrific lack of sleep thanks to the heat and our annoying loud neighbours.
- Panic shopping for a wedding outfit after an outfit crisis. Thank goodness for Primark and hello to my brand new turquoise dress. Gorgeous.
- Having lots of fun on eBay and managed to sell a Primark skirt on there for a small fortune.
- Gaining a new gorgeous patchwork quilt – see below. Thanks Mum, isn’t she skilled? She makes them by HAND AND WITHOUT A SEWING MACHINE! Wowzers!
- Packing – eurgh I’ve packed far too much for one week away. Oh well!