I’ve not been up to much, except for:
- A West Wing marathon with friends and accompanied by fish finger sandwiches. There is nothing better on a Monday night in my opinion – although sadly we’re nearing the end of series 7 now, eek! I’m not sure what I’ll do when we’ve finished the entire boxset, maybe we need to watch them all again?
- Going to the gym – a lot. Thanks to the new gym five minutes from my house. It’s been brilliant to have a gym so close that I can pop in to whenever I get a chance, even if it’s for just 20 minutes on the bike. Something’s better than nothing. My Monday morning session was the best – not only was the gym empty but it was nice to start the work week off with something energetic. Sadly Sunday’s session wasn’t so successful. For some unknown reason I ended it by fainting, oops! Not only was it super embarrassing (although everyone else – except Lau – seemed to ignore it, phew) but I’ve now got a really bruised left bum cheek and my left hand is really painful. Perhaps I should have tried to land on other body parts….
- Writing lots of blog posts – there was this mini egg blondies one, this pastel one, this Birthday wishlist – woohoo! – another rambling post and a few more. Phew, I’ve been on it with posts this week!
- Watching the final four episodes of Ripper Street, which I’ve become completely addicted to. It’s such a good show – I love all the characters and watching a show about the Jack the Ripper era is so fascinating! Also, is it wrong that I find Jerome Flynn slightly attractive in the show, weird I know!
- Eating a hideous amount of crap! Just some of the evil things that have passed my lips this week: blondies, penny sweets, lots of Giant Buttons and peanut m&m’s (they’re 2 for £3 in Sainsbury’s don’t you know), pringles, Domino’s Pizza (it was payday after all) and an Eat Mocha every morning this week. Bearing all this in mind it’s particularly pleasing that I dropped 1lb this week – although I’m guessing that won’t be the case after this weekend of excess!
I know this sounds like the most pathetic week, but in all seriousness it’s been knackering and I felt like I really needed a week of doing barely anything – especially with two crazy weekends coming up.