So I’ve finally done it, I’ve watched one of the films off of my 25 classic films I must watch list, whoop! Last night I settled down to watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s armed with popcorn and to be honest I wasn’t really a fan of the film. In fact I found it quite disappointing, I’m not sure all the fuss about this film is warranted. So below is my little reviewing system for the films I watch this year as part of this list.
* Holly’s flat – her sofa is half a bath, WANT!
* New York – I love any film set in New York, although I wish we’d seen a bit more of it.
* Holly’s perfume holder – I loved where she kept her mirror and perfume, genius!
* The shoplifting scene was genuinely brilliant and I couldn’t stop laughing.
* The taxis – I thought a New York yellow cab was the coolest cab alive. Oh no these colourful classic cars win hands down.
* Cat – he was super cute and did the best facial expressions, especially when he was soaked!
* George Peppard – I loved him and his character and loved his utter bewilderment at the beginning when faced with Holly as well as his speeches in the library and taxi.
* Holly Golightly – I really really didn’t like the character of Holly. I found her annoying, pathetic, stupid and so incredibly selfish. There wasn’t any redeeming quality that I could see in her and I certainly didn’t empathise or feel sympathy for the situations she got into.
* The Japanese neighbour – what the hell was that about?! Why was he a fake Japanese person? Why did he even need to be Japanese? WHAT!
* The plot – what actually happened? Barely anything as far as I could tell. I wasn’t expecting action or fights but I honestly thought there’s be a bit more meat to the story than a couple meeting, there being complications – ex husband, he’s a gigolo, money and prison – and then it’s all fine in the end.
* Audrey Hepburn – I’ve never watched her in a film before and I have to say I didn’t think she was that great. I mean yes she’s beautiful and stylish but I didn’t think her acting was amazing considering how she’s spoken about by people.
When Paul freaks out at Holly in the taxi at the end and storms off in the rain to look for Cat.