I was rather surprised to get a message from Emma at Clementine and Lace this morning to say she’d nominated me as one of her 15 chosen blogs in the Very Inspiring Blogger Awards, how kind and how unexpected. Thanks Emma! So as part of being a nominee I get to share some facts about myself and then nominate my own 15 inspiring bloggers – argh that’s super tricky!! I follow so many brilliant blogs that it took me FOREVER to choose them! The rules are below, followed by seven (possibly) interesting facts about me and my choices for the Very Inspiring Blogger Awards.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate fifteen other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me:
- I’m currently having a huge obsession with mini eggs, they make my life complete.
- I love a good board game, you can’t go wrong with a game of Articulate or Trivial Pursuit (only the recent versions mind you, none of the Genus editions EVER)!
- I love watching sports – golf, cricket, rugby, football, athletics are my favourites. I can’t really get behind tennis or darts I’m afraid.
- I got one A* in my GCSE’s and it was in Food Technology – go me!
- I studied History at University but I’m not a fan of history before 1600 – I just hate all the uncertainty around it.
- I find it hard to leave Paperchase without having bought at least a card
- I love Disney and Pixar films, simply put they make me smile.
My Very Inspiring Blogger Awards Nominees -
In a totally random order below are some of my favourite blogs and those whose posts I head to first when going through my Bloglovin feed!
- Charlotte’s Web – I love Charlotte’s blog as her updates are so varied. I particularly enjoyed this post and this post recently.
- How Sweet it is – This is such a lovely blog, with some absolutely scrumptious looking recipes. Plus Jennie is hilarious. I defy you to not salivate while reading this post and laugh-out-loud reading this one.
- Lau’s Rambling Corner – I might be biased as Lau is my lovely sister BUT her blog is brilliant. Her posts make me laugh and I wish I had her flair with writing, check our her latest Week in Pictures post here, her post about pancakes and her Top Five Winter Warmers post here to see what I mean.
- Made up of Little Things – Rachael’s blog is lovely, every time I read one of her Friday Round Up posts I want to switch places with her as it looks so wonderful!
- Bright.Bazaar - I love the colours and images on Will’s blog – so inspiring and Will always manages to find brilliant products. Oh how I’m coveting this wallpaper and this gorgeous bookcase.
- The Style Box – This is a great blog, with lots of brilliant posts. I personally enjoy the 5 Friday Favourites posts as I always find new blogs to follow and I want Emma’s mantlepiece!
- A Rosie Outlook – I love everything about Rosie’s blog, it’s really pretty and her posts are great. Recent favourites include this one and this one – I want this bobbin lamp!
- Chocolate Covered Katie – This blog is about healthy desserts, so I don’t think any more explanation is needed! If you feel the need for further explanation though, just check out this post, mouth-watering or what?!
- Domestic Sluttery – I love the Domestic Sluttery blog, it’s full of scrummy food, lovely clothes and pretty products perfect for coveting, plus the team behind it are hilarious! I want to eat these, buy these and wear this paperclip jumper!
- Franish – I love Franziska’s simple style and want to own all her shoes. I also enjoy her writing style and love her Behind the Blog features.
- I heart Organizing - I love Jennifer’s ability to organise anything and everything and to make it look beautiful at the same time. If I one day have an ounce of her skill I’ll be pleased. If I could also own her pantry one day I think my life will be complete!
- Miss. Thrifty – This blog is super helpful about all manner of things and Miss. Thrifty’s Granola recipe is a life-saver!
- One Sheepish Blog – I love everything about this blog, particularly the lovely Weekend Plans posts – they’re always so simple
- Story of My Life – Jenni has such a lovely writing style and this amazing ability to take beautiful pictures. I really enjoyed her recent blogging tips posts and her love story is beautifully written.
- Our Little Balham Life - I love reading Nicola’s post as she’s a fellow Londoner and it’s lovely to read someone else’s perspective of life south of the river. I will definitely be making these yummy treats and I love this ‘I will never be…’ post.
So there we have it, my top 15 blogs, I hope you enjoy perusing their blogs and find them as inspiring as I do! xx